|Agile Focus (Image Credit:Kfp1921 Wikimedia Commons)|
- Portfolio Management
- Product Management
- Global Program Management/Virtual environment leadership
- New tools for the new generation
- Shortening life cycle driving adoption of Agile methodolgies
I also attended the 2007 edition of the conference. I would like to recall the challenges in Project Management that were captured in a panel discussion, in which Parthasarathy N.S, ( MindTree) Narasimham R.V, (Ryzhom) Srikantan Moorthy, (Infosys) S.R. Yogananda,( Rotary) and Arun Sahu, (Central Excise & Service Tax) participated.
- Shortening life cycle
- Performance on Non functional requirements
- Impact of Project on Organisation performance (beyond the triple constraint model)
- Virtual teams
If we compare the two summaries presented above, we find that PM landscape has seen the focus move from Projects to Portfolio/Product space, while the pressure on shortening life cycles and challenges of virtual teams continues. The PMI is responding to the trends by focusing on Agile(PMBOK 5th Edition, and PMI-ACP), developing more customised extensions to PMBOK (Software extension is in the works in colloboration with IEEE Computer Society). Do you agree with this summary? Share your thoughts...